Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
27,870 Posts
probably $250 - $300 tops

Just be wary it's not an Electronic drive saw with the powered motor return which can have issues and is more complicated...that may be one, I donno? The older ones like I have from the 80's are petty bullet proof. The main column clamp is one piece not 2 pieces bolted together with a bunch of bolts.

Probably not like this electronic one:

Here's some more images:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...-tyc-inbox&va=electronic+drive+radial+arm+saw

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It drives me nuts when people post things on Craigslist And then don't respond. He posted it for 50 bucks, and I emailed him minutes after the posting....no response.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The newer Craftsman radial saws seem to be priced all over the map around me, I've seen them for $150 up to about $400. Always wondered if anybody ever sold one if them. It might be worth a gamble for $50, but personally I would pass it up.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The newer Craftsman radial saws seem to be priced all over the map around me, I've seen them for $150 up to about $400. Always wondered if anybody ever sold one if them. It might be worth a gamble for $50, but personally I would pass it up.
I would have to agree with that assessment. I've had 3 Craftsman RASs and have sold them all. In my experience, if they're not old enough, they're very hard to adjust and keep aligned.

I was fortunate to buy a Delta Multiplex 20A at a yard sale for $10. I tore it all down and rebuilt it and it runs like a champ. I'd like to find another one, a 12" or larger model, and then I'd get rid of my SCMS.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
the general consensus seems to be that the newer units aren't as desirable as the older, single piece CI support column RASs. but for $50, if i wanted one, there's not a whole lot of risk if it doesn't pan out. it could probably always be sold for $50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts