Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dewalt 735 3 years old only used on 2 oak jobs. Is 250 a good price? It is in good condition. No missing parts or problems.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
That's a great price if it's all functional and in good shape. The knives are double sided, so if it's had that light of use you may already have a sharp knife you can just flip over.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Looks pretty good....do you have the dust chute or hose adapter. You should use one of them depending on how your collecting the chips.

The infeed/outfeed tables are pretty important. I'd pick up a set if it were me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya there is a dust shout. Just did not put it on. Going to hook it up to the dust collector tho. I have to figure out were I am going to put it then will have to decide on the feed tables thanks again for the quick reply.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Here's the most recent stand I built for my father in laws 735....somewhere in the project showcase forum is my stand. I'd build something rolling as you've learned this morning these suckers are heavy.

·
Cedar Box Maker
165 Posts
Here's the most recent stand I built for my father in laws 735....somewhere in the project showcase forum is my stand. I'd build something rolling as you've learned this morning these suckers are heavy.
Yeah, What makes these so heavy? I've got a DeWALT DW734R and it weighs 85 lbs. It takes two men to put it up on my bench. The top & bottom is cast aluminum. Then there is the motor and blades and blade holder. So where is the weight?:huh:

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
A much larger cast base....4 1" steel screw posts. A pretty heavy cutter head. All the chains and sprockets linking the elevation....2 motors....and on and on. They're beefy built

·
RAM Man
758 Posts
I'm pretty sure that a great big you suck is called for. :thumbsup: Nice find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts