Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this keychain out of olive wood, sanded to12000 and then applied huts friction polish. This is my first time using the friction polish and i like it. It isn't superglue but it is quick and easy. I'll definitely be using it on ornaments.

Attachments

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
Nice job. It would be cool to make one that has threads to open up like a small pill box.

·
Registered
401 Posts
clpead said:
I made this keychain out of olive wood, sanded to12000 and then applied huts friction polish. This is my first time using the friction polish and i like it. It isn't superglue but it is quick and easy. I'll definitely be using it on ornaments.
Please explain friction polish..... New to me.....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oakwerks said:
Please explain friction polish..... New to me.....
It's put on the lathe and it's very quick. It's just applied with a towel and heat from turning causes it to cure and shine.

·
Registered
401 Posts
clpead said:
It's put on the lathe and it's very quick. It's just applied with a towel and heat from turning causes it to cure and shine.
Just viewed a YouTube demo.... Looks like its only for turning projects, due to the heat needed to dry the layers....
I'm wondering if a cloth mounted on a palm sander would create the heat needed to use it on non-turned pieces...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dominick said:
Nice job. It would be cool to make one that has threads to open up like a small pill box.
They have those too, and toothpick holders and detachable rings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts