Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I have to sign in EVERY TIME I visit this site? I have done the "Remember Me" thing, in BOTH sign in places. Since I visit here several times a day, it tends to become a PITA....:huh:

·
Registered
105 Posts
You may have your browser set to clear cookies on exit.

I have that set in FireFox on my PC. As long as there is a FireFox window open I can bring up this website over and over without having to re-login. If I close all of my browser windows, then re-open one to this web site I have to login again.

Reactions: rrbrown

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may have your browser set to clear cookies on exit.

I have that set in FireFox on my PC. As long as there is a FireFox window open I can bring up this website over and over without having to re-login. If I close all of my browser windows, then re-open one to this web site I have to login again.
You know, you are probably right. I DO have my IE set to delete cookies on exit. >>>>>
Control Panel>>>Internet Options>>>>etc. TYVM

Jimmy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Privacy/security vs convenience. Sometimes it's hard to know which one to pick.

Reactions: durdyolman

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I changed Internet Options

I just left the site and came back several times and didn't have to sign in. >>> But like Mark said, convenience vs. security. I'm not concerned about the security that much, as I have several programs protecting me, and I don't have that much to steal.
Thanks guys
Jimmy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe try to enable cookies and don't delete/ auto delete cookies. Or it just may be the website itself and it has nothing to do with you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts