Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new here as i just found this site. I have a question for log furniture makers. Ive been making a few things such as log begs, swings and etc,

I been using a 1/2" drill with the tenonator tenon maker to cut the tenons. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to use say a 3/4" hammer drill instead of the 1/2 regular drill and was wondering if it would work better. Any info appreciated. This site appears to be wonderful. I have already read a lot of good stuff. Thanks, gregg

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
Don't see why it wouldn't work.
I use my floor model drill press for all my tenons.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys im considering purchasing one. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it before i bought it to see how it worked for them compared to a regular drill. Sasafras

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks cabinetman, do you think the smoothness of the tenon might depend somewhat on the type cutter that is being used with the drill? and that might be the result with any hammer type drill? I dont have a hammer drill. I use a dewalt 1/2" and it heats up some. I know im going to have to go to a bigger drill at some point.

Im trying to gather some more info before i make another purchase. Thanks everybody for your input.
sasafras

1 - 8 of 8 Posts