Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning up a BedRock 605 that used to belong to my dad and noticed the Patent Number said APR.2.95. :huh:My dad died in ’74 so how could this be? I've never bought a plane before this month so I’m wondering if someone made a switch. :eek: I am missing a few planes, could there be foul play involved?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
326 Posts
Np, it also could be a type 6 or a 6a, believe it will be hard to pinpoint that exact type without the original lever cap and if it has the original iron, you still have a very nice plane, and I do mean "Very"..!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Np, it also could be a type 6 or a 6a, believe it will be hard to pinpoint that exact type without the original lever cap and if it has the original iron, you still have a very nice plane, and I do mean "Very"..!:thumbsup:
The Iron says Stanley with SW inside a heart shape. I think it’s the original, but not sure. And thanks for the compliment on the Plane.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If your adjusting wheel measure 1 1/4" you have a type 6a, your SW logo on the iron did not come out till that type,
there is a 6b, 6c and a 6d,
If the bottom is corrugated, it's a 6c if not with the SW blade then it's
probably a 6d.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your adjusting wheel measure 1 1/4" you have a type 6a, your SW logo on the iron did not come out till that type,
there is a 6b, 6c and a 6d,
If the bottom is corrugated, it's a 6c if not with the SW blade then it's
probably a 6d.
Well it must be a 6d because the knob is 1” dia x 1” long and it is a smooth bottom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts