Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some photos and SketchUp project files of my custom headboard project for a queen size bed. It includes shelves for my wife and I's oversized water cups, and electrical outlet cutouts in the top of the shelving units for charging our phones which we both use as alarms. I chose some outlets that have integrated USB charging at 2A for iPhone and iPads.

Material is 1/2" MDF, and some 2X3 and 2X4 for bracing that isn't shown.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
Is that top section going to be used for storage of some kind? That thing is gigantic. Looks like you've gotten a good start on it though.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At first I was going to just do a smooth white finish, but I'm now thinking of doing a variation of a wainscoting where I could hide a seam for a hidden slideout for a pistol-sized gun safe...we'll see about that though.

But to answer your question, it's empty except for some bracing to a back rail, and also a small speaker housing for a dual voice coil 5.25" speaker.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
surround sound while in bed? :)
Once I installed 2 of those incandescent lights, the heat was surprising, so I didn't want 3. I already cut the holes for 3, so I had 1 round hole I needed to use up. So, not so much surround sound, rather some mood music.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts