Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ready to stain and finish. I will stain with Colony fruitwood stain that I have very little of left. Can't get it any more. I'll use Minwax Antique Oil for the hand rubbed finish. The table is 11" x 30" and 28" tall. I'll add pictures of it when I get it finished.

It's finished. Here are the new pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Can't wait to see it finished.

·
where's my table saw?
29,969 Posts
Don't run out of stain!

Better have a backup plan before you start. Find another stain that is as close as possible or mix two stains together to get a match. You don't want to run short half way through.

Nice work on the table, so don't mess up on the finish! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm done staining so had enough. This is the first project with QSWO. Since it will be our table in our foyer I decided to splurge on the wood. Glad I did!! I can't wait to start doing the finish coats. I have always said that it is a woodworkers thrill to see the grain pop out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
ACP
The lower shelf is 5 1/2" wide in a 6 1/4" gap. It set on a 3/4" wide x 1" tall cross piece that is fastened with pocket screws between the legs 4" off the floor.
I was going to have a 6 1/4" wide shelf fastened to the legs with pocket screws but my last piece of board came 6 1/2" wide on one end and 5 3/4" wide on the other so plan "B". I kind of like the way it looks or maybe I convinced my self that I like it!

Cabinetman and others

There should be pictures attached to the original post at the top of the thread.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts