Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are my completed projects from my first year of woodworking. I graduated a year ago and started working the following month, so I dont have a ton of nice tools or experience but one day maybe I will. My current project which isnt pictured is a stand for my 60 gallon reef aquarium. Just got a jointer last month so that should help get me moving along with all this rough sawn lumber I have.

Order of completion:
Workbench - 8x8 legs I got from a log cabin company that had some leftovers.
Banana holder - made from old cherry barn wood, gloss poly finish
Coat hanger
Tv stand - made solely from scrap plywood and poplar beams I had lying around, brown paint
Coffee table - old mahogany hardwood floors with original tongue and grooves, General finishes matte poly finish
end table- same as coffee table above
ana white tv stand for the gf - crappy wood from lowes, java gel stain
narrow drawer divider for the gf - lowes wood as well with a poly finish

also made a couple picture frames but nothing exciting.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice job on all. I like the X style sofa table at the end. I stole borrowed a similar design from pottery barn recently and made something similar. Keep up the nice work and honor the craft.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job on all. I like the X style sofa table at the end. I stole borrowed a similar design from pottery barn recently and made something similar. Keep up the nice work and honor the craft.
Thanks, I stole that from ana white.
The other tv stand idea I stole from the container store.
The coffee table look I saw in some modern furniture store and I thought hey I could make this. I had a guy weld the metal for me however, and I got lucky and found some reclaimed hardwood floor from some old building in SW virginia for the top. I think its mahagony but not positive. Not sure if you can see in the pic but I left the tongue and groove in the middle boards to keep some of its original look.

The tv stand with the x style sofa look has the java gel stain on it, its what the gf chose. A little dark for my taste but its about the only thing that would look nice on Lowes wood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.