Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are my completed projects from my first year of woodworking. I graduated a year ago and started working the following month, so I dont have a ton of nice tools or experience but one day maybe I will. My current project which isnt pictured is a stand for my 60 gallon reef aquarium. Just got a jointer last month so that should help get me moving along with all this rough sawn lumber I have.

Order of completion:
Workbench - 8x8 legs I got from a log cabin company that had some leftovers.
Banana holder - made from old cherry barn wood, gloss poly finish
Coat hanger
Tv stand - made solely from scrap plywood and poplar beams I had lying around, brown paint
Coffee table - old mahogany hardwood floors with original tongue and grooves, General finishes matte poly finish
end table- same as coffee table above
ana white tv stand for the gf - crappy wood from lowes, java gel stain
narrow drawer divider for the gf - lowes wood as well with a poly finish

also made a couple picture frames but nothing exciting.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice job on all. I like the X style sofa table at the end. I stole borrowed a similar design from pottery barn recently and made something similar. Keep up the nice work and honor the craft.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
this thing was so air tight in the drawer I had to drill holes on the bottom to let the air release when putting it in, and also had to make it so you could pull it out since it made a vacuum when pulling it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job on all. I like the X style sofa table at the end. I stole borrowed a similar design from pottery barn recently and made something similar. Keep up the nice work and honor the craft.
Thanks, I stole that from ana white.
The other tv stand idea I stole from the container store.
The coffee table look I saw in some modern furniture store and I thought hey I could make this. I had a guy weld the metal for me however, and I got lucky and found some reclaimed hardwood floor from some old building in SW virginia for the top. I think its mahagony but not positive. Not sure if you can see in the pic but I left the tongue and groove in the middle boards to keep some of its original look.

The tv stand with the x style sofa look has the java gel stain on it, its what the gf chose. A little dark for my taste but its about the only thing that would look nice on Lowes wood.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Those are great looking projects! You should be proud, they are functional and put to good use in the house and shop. Like the coffee table and side table, great combo of wood and metal. Great job!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts