Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,338 Posts
and another inspiring project !!
Yamato, do you ever sell small projects like this one that has mistakes or
or some minor flaws in them ?? (I really hope you don't just throw them
in a corner and forget about them - or even in the trash - that would be terrible).
thank you again for sharing your shop with us !!

·
Super Moderator
4,843 Posts
I found myself wanting to clear all the chips off the work area, that would bother me. That is impressive but it wasn't finished, it needed to be lightly sanded IMHO. He may have finished it, I didn't have my sound on. Any way, that is still impressive.

·
Super Moderator
3,338 Posts
Jim - there is only music on his videos.
and as for the chips, it is MANDATORY for me to keep the chips cleared away
so WHEN I make a goof and a chip flys to the floor, it takes less time to find it LOL.
Yamato's craftsmen do not use sandpaper - they use their chisels as scrapers.
I have watched most of his videos on FaceBook and YouTube and have yet to see him use sandpaper.
all of his work is just simply eye-popping gorgeous to say the least.

John

Reactions: BigJim

·
Registered
26,334 Posts
You sort of get used to the chips when carving. You're so focused on the task you don't really notice them until you stop.

·
Super Moderator
4,843 Posts
You sort of get used to the chips when carving. You're so focused on the task you don't really notice them until you stop.
I do kinda fluff them away when whittlin and such, but the ones I get rid of later are the ones down my shirt. lol I stand up and they mostly fall out on the floor, then some don't. :smile2:

I have never carved a project as large as the ones you have Steve, I usually just do small things like spirit faces and things, nothing really artistic like you do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and another inspiring project !!
Yamato, do you ever sell small projects like this one that has mistakes or
or some minor flaws in them ?? (I really hope you don't just throw them
in a corner and forget about them - or even in the trash - that would be terrible).
thank you again for sharing your shop with us !!

In fact, this is a small detail in a large product

1 - 9 of 9 Posts