Woodworking Talk banner

Pricing?

4457 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  hands made for wood
So I am doing some furniture repair on a table and was wondering what the pricing would be to repair a couple dowels in an antique pedestal table. If you could get back to me on how to price for furniture repair or how much per hour, Thanks.
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
So I am doing some furniture repair on a table and was wondering what the pricing would be to repair a couple dowels in an antique pedestal table. If you could get back to me on how to price for furniture repair or how much per hour, Thanks.

Let me start out by saying that there is a 'going price' for most things in life regardless of how long it takes you to do it.
$50/hour is a fair price for an experienced woodworker that could probably do it in about an hour if it's a simple drill out old dowels and add new ones. So.......... if it's a simple repair, it's worth $50 no mater how long it takes you.
If it's the kind of repair I'm thinking of, it sounds like a 3 leg pedestal. Repair is to the 2 dowels. The original joint was doweled and glue covered the entire contact area. Chances are the leg warped slightly and pulled away from tie pedestal. If that's the case, clean area real well of all old glue, replace dowels and epoxy ( dyed to the proper color) the whole thing in place. Just playing here and making a wild guess based on old pedestal tables I have worked on.

Have a great day
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.