Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
The local yard i buy from figures the narrowest part of the board as the width, i always end up ahead since some boards taper in width up to 1 1/2", there's another local board store that always rounds up and they're prices are crazy, i bought 2 boards from them which i calculated the board feet to be 10.50, 2 boards 7" wide and 9' long, when i went to pay for it they had it on the ticket at 14, which he said 2 boards 8" wide and 10' long.... i argued with him and he basically refused to put a tape measure to it, and when its wood that's $14 a board foot that's a giant increase in price, that's why instead of driving there in 15 minutes i drive an hour and a half to the other place where i cherry pick the pile, get excellent lumber and pay for what i actually get, and they will order anything i want if they don't have it, even if it means i only need 10 board feet and they have to order 100, they even knew i had a zebra wood project and bought a few boards of it from them they gave me a piece they had laying around and was about 3 board feet for free.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.