Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· where's my table saw?
32,652 Posts
motor RPM is not the same as arbor

The different pulley sizes change the RPM from the motor to the arbor. Motor at 3450, arbor at 5000 RPM for example.

Remove the blade and try it without.. I'm betting it's fine. Try a different blade then it will be fine. Some blades "sing" and other don't. :no:

· where's my table saw?
32,652 Posts
no woodcutting????

..... Whats probably going to make all you guys nuts is that saw will never see another piece of wood. I bought it strickly to cut sheets of aluminum diamond plate and extruded shapes only. :icon_smile:
Then get the heck off of our woodcutting forum, you metal worker spy. :laughing:
Go away and listen to your singing saw blades..... :no:
Glad we could help. Yes, if the pulleys are the same size it's a 1:1 ratio. :yes:

· where's my table saw?
32,652 Posts
I'm feeling the love!

Maybe I might have to give this woodworking thing a try! I already like the people!

The only problem I have with wood, is when you make a mistake, you can't just weld a piece on, sand it, and call it like it never happened! You have to go and get another piece and start all over, that darn wood grain thing!

Besides that, most metal workers don't know a damn thing about table saws! You go to where the experts are..........I am in the right place, right?
OH Yah?
We have Weldwood glue.... 'bout the same, not instant like MIG, but it'll do. BTW I weld also, I spray metal with an Airco 200 AMP MIG and run 8% Argon.
A smart woodworker always comes up with a way to cover his tracks / mistakes., sorta separates the pros from the newbies.
We just know to to fix 'em.

Most table saws are not familiar with metal workers either so it's a wash. I did put a cut off wheel in a table saw once, but I forget why.
I do metal grinding on a wood belt sander occasionally and caught the shop vac on fire once...seems the hot sparks settled in the wood dust. I empty it right away now. :yes:

· where's my table saw?
32,652 Posts
vertical bandsaw?

I have one of these and it's great!

You can saw aluminum with a woodcutting bandsaw just like wood.
You need a blade with several teeth that will span the thickness of the plate, 6TPI or so depending. I use the Roll In for steel, but for occasional cutting of aluminum, I use my wood cutting bandsaw.

You can't have too many bandsaws because that way you don't have to change blades each time you have a different operation. I hate changing blades ... on any saw. You can't have too many table saws either... just sayin' :yes:

· where's my table saw?
32,652 Posts
http://www.rollinsaw.com/band_saws/EF1459_vertical_band_saw.htm
It's called a Roll In and here's the site. The lever is the feed control and it is self feeding once you start it. It rolls down a incline ramp, gravity feed to maintain pressure against the material. You can get it 1 or 3 phase, mine is single, 120V. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.