Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29,471 Posts
@difalkner, Thanks doe sharing that thread. I actually came across your post the other day while doing some searching. Great work with the restoration. It does look like we have a similar vintage judging by the shape of the trunnion and the arbor pullies. Do you still use the saw? Has everything stayed nice and true over the years? I wonder if you recall any frustrations with aligning the gears for the raising mechanism or if everything just fell right in place?

Here's a photo to illustrate where my trunnion bottoms out when lowering the blade.
View attachment 446975
That can't be right, the arbor should center with the cut out in that bracket below.

· Registered
29,471 Posts
Huh, I wonder of you got lucky or if I'm just doing something wrong. Perhaps the gear segment is supposed to register against some feature on the casting to position correctly. I don't recall seeing anything obvious when I had it all out of the saw and was remounting the gear segment though. And it's nearly impossible to get a look at while in the saw.

Heh, you would think so, but that is actually the correct position of the arbor relative to the trunnion. The blade does lower down past the table as it should. I just find it odd that the lower limit is determined by the castings bumping together rather than something more deliberate like an adjustable bolt like all the other movement limiters on the saw. I'm not sure what the purpose of that cutout is though. I haven't seen it in any of the versions of the manual I've found, although I did see it on @difalkner 's trunnion as well.
I looked on the internet and I can't find that cut out on any saw. It just appears the cutout is to leave clearance for the arbor assembly. I'm wondering if the part is off a different model saw.

· Registered
29,471 Posts
If you have a look at @difalkner 's trunnion, he has the same cutout. None of the parts diagrams seem to have that same shape, but I have seen a few examples of photos that show the cutout as well. I'm pretty confident that its the correct part and in the correct configuration.
Yes, the cutout is shown on his saw. Perhaps he will comment how his arbor fits the notch on his saw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts