Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image-916689555.jpg

Been saving & watching CL for a few months now & found this used 8" Powermatic for what seems to be a good deal. Both tables are flat & the 1 1/2hp motor runs well. It does seem to be missing an out feed table hand wheel, and I'm wondering if any other of you have experience with this machine, specifically table adjustments. I've got a Oneway gauge on the way for setting the knives (& probably replacing them) & about to order a veritas 50" straight edge to get it all tuned up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom, That makes sense. I'm brand new to jointers in general & though I've done some research on getting them set up properly, couldn't for the life of me figure out why someone'd remove that piece. Ran my first board through it today & it turned out ok. I am looking forward to getting the gauge & straight edge in though, so I can see if anything can be adjusted for better performance. As far as new knives go (these ones do have some gouges) are there any good places to shop other than Grizzly?

On doing some more research if the 1st two numbers in the serial are the year, as another member seemed to be implying I guess this one is from 1966? maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts