Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have working on tuning up my old saw. Is the motor suppose to be mounted on a angle? This is the best I can get it so far.-no laughing.
I can run it now strait and at a 45 angle without blowing a fuse or throwing the belt. When I tilt or raise the blade it puts more tension on the belt. I had to mount the motor tilted half way to compensate.

Any of you guys have a old saw with a design like this?

Untitled by [email protected], on Flickr

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the best way so far. I can mount the motor strait but when you tilt the saw to 45 degree its to much of a angle and the belt is to tight. Never saw the original motor and maybe I'm missing something.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK afx. I will take the motor off and get a picture of the mounting. I can find the model # also. I have a manual but it doesn't tell much. I was given the saw years ago without a motor. I always used my grandpas saw and this was in storage.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did more adjusting and it seems if you leave the motor mounted loose its able to slide in the slots and center it self pretty well. I ran it at 90 deg. and 45 deg and it seemed to start stop and raise the blade good. I think the slop in the mounting is what it needed,when you bolt that motor tight it binds it all up.

Let me know what you were thinking afx but I think its good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.