Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an old Power Shop Radial arm saw and I took the motor assembly out to check the bearings and also clean the tracks where the bearings go. Well that was months ago and when I tried to put the bearings back on the track it is very tight and I am unable to get it back in. So any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Model # 500268-00
Serial # 64050684

Thanks

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I don't know what model that saw is, I'm used to seeing things like 770, 7770, 925, 1030, and so on. In any case, the bearings on the right side (as you stand at the saw) should be adjustable on eccentric bolts to loosen and tighten that fit. The real gurus say you should have about 4-6 lbs of force to pull it forward (the Dewalt Radial Arm saw form guys). You might find the manual for that particular saw here, which should have the exact procedure you need to follow. Over the years the rollerhead (the part that holds those bearings changed slightly in design, so accessing that adjustment on yours is likely different than on mine. The eccentric bolts have set screws (at least on my 1030K they do) holding them that have to be loosened, then you do a trial and error fitting to get it set right.

·
where's my table saw?
28,759 Posts
photos please

There should not be a problem... nothing changed.... except the reassembly procedure may not be correct. Does it look like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Here's a roller head from a Powershop I haven't finished rebuilding (or even started) yet. This is separate from the balance of the carriage assembly, but you should recognize the parts. This one is from a circa 1961 model 925. Anywa, the first shot show an allen key in the set screws I mentioned earlier, if you have these they need to be loosened. Then the bottom shot shows an allen key stuck in the adjusting position...you do need to loosen the nut on the eccentric bolt a little; it's accessible through that same hole. Turning the allen key either loosens or tighten the fit between the ways. Hope this helps, just remember if you saw is a later model, this may be slightly different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts