Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
28,738 Posts
like this one?

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/porter-cable-352-type-3x21-belt-sander-parts-c-129_1997_2017.html

It shows a dust fitting elbow. Are you just needing to attach an adaptor to that elbow OR do you have nothing to work from?
I make all sorts of adaptors/reducers from round plastic bottles by cutting them across on the bandsaw. then if needed, I slit them and remove a piece necessary to get my dimension, tape it up and BAM! I got it.

This assortment of hoses and adaptors has never failed to give me the right size for my tools....well, almost never.

Reactions: gideon

·
where's my table saw?
28,738 Posts
bust out the welder then...

:laughing: :no:
You must have a dust port where the elbow "was"? See if you can order an elbow OR see what sort of short metal tubing will force fit into the hole. Then there are all sorts of rubber 90 degree elbows for heater hoses and such at the auto parts store hangin' on hooks. PVC may work also. I found you want the lightest most flexible suction hose you can find and the one I posted is the best. Otherwise the hose is driving the sander, not you. :thumbdown:

Reactions: gideon
1 - 5 of 5 Posts