Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for source/plans/ideas for tote around router bit storage. Most of what I can find are cabinet type units, designed for wall mounting, or drawer inserts. My bits will be stowed away on a shelf, then pulled out for use, so I'm looking for something closer to a tool box, that would store the bits only (and some of the associated tools, but not the routers).

I saw one post (I think on here) about getting a tool box with drawers and setting up bit storage in the drawers. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have my bits stored in and old metal tool box. Used a piece of acrylic countertop (Corian, etc.) with holes to locate the bits in the bottom of the box. Holes are not thru the Corian completely. Kinda like a pocket for the shank.
Holds up to 27 bits quite nicely.
The upper tray holds small, bit-related stuff.
Bill

·
Registered
485 Posts
Perhaps you can make a box like the one I made for my Dremel bits. On a larger scale of course. Maybe add a handle and hasp.
DSCN0221.jpg
DSCN0224.jpg

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
[quote="minuteman62-64" ]

...I saw one post (I think on here) about getting a tool box with drawers and setting up bit storage in the drawers...

[/quote]

It was here but I can't remember where I originally posted it.

Here it is again in case you need it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$6.49 at Walmart. Holds all the 1/2" shaft bits I have at this time. Maybe when I finish my router table I'll make a box joint jig and, as a first project, make a fancy cabinet with drawers. Or, maybe just buy some more of these.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts