Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy guys, I gotta vent. I am a subscriber to PWW and have been for awhile. I have been buying the magazine for a long time off the shelf before that. I really like PWW. I know a lot of people don't like it but the content is interesting to me.

Anyways, my subscription never came this last month. I emailed them and they apologized and...get this....don't have any more print issues to send me! WTF? They will extend my subscription one issue, which is a nice deal, but I really like to keep them all in my woodworking library for my son or daughter some day.

I just find it hard to believe that they don't have a single copy of the issue. Especially when I have the option of buying it online for $5.99 from their online store.

Not a happy subscriber. :no:

·
Registered
704 Posts
That's some horrible customer service.... Shows how much they really care. I've been looking for some WW magazines to subscribe to. I don't think PWW will be my choice if this is how they will treat paying customers.

·
Half a bubble off.. {Θ¿Θ}
548 Posts
What's up with that?? You can order past copies of Woodsmith that go back to the 80's.
I was under the impression that all magazines made over runs..
..Jon..

·
Registered
614 Posts
It's hard to get blood from a rock. If they don't have a hard copy of an issue then they don't have it. You should have asked for an electronic copy of the missed issue, in addition to extended your subscription. There maybe some issue that is out of there control.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Poor customer service for sure. I have an online subscription to FineWoodworking. Can access everything in the magazine and download article pdf for future reference.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Get them on the phone and get a commitment for them to send you one when they recover unsold issues from their retailers. They need to go the extra mile to make you happy. Every print publication on the planet is suffering declining subscriber numbers, and some are just going out of business.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Send them an email, explain what happened, and ask if you can at least get a digital copy. My PO screwed up when I moved and lost a couple copies, and PWW sent me digital copies because they were out of the paper ones. Remember that they're a pretty small company (at least as magazine companies go), and they probably can't really afford to print a lot more issues than they have subscribers.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I have reduced my subscriptions to 2 choices due to lack of quality articles and general feeling of redundancy in projects and information.:thumbdown:
Bill

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Seems like at least some of your wrath should be directed to the USPS. It's probably worse in my area, but their service is now so bad I can't get a letter to the other side of the county in less than 2 days (if it gets there at all).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts