Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I have my own. Want to buy it. It's on the back porch now but I think I'm just going to dismantle it and used the parts for other things. It was fun while it lasted but I'm tired of it. Some students at work had to make a video for their class so they came out to my shop and I demoed the spring pole lathe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOrctojBT2Y

·
Super Moderator
5,164 Posts
Nice video John.
At our last club meeting which was our annual picnic, Ernie Connover did a demo with his spring pole lathe. I got to try it and at first used my head for a bump stop. Ernie's a little shorter than I am. I would have to raise the top pole up a little. It was pretty fun, but I still like mine with a plug on it.
Mike Hawkins;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Did you buy it yet? Can never have too many lathes :laughing:
I did not buy it but thought it was something unusual to find in craigslist especially up here in the UP of Michigan, but I will say one thing that would sure develop good hand, foot, and eye coordination. Would you believe there was a lathe for sale on that site with a wood tool rest attached to old lathe with a cast iron bed.

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Nice video John.
At our last club meeting which was our annual picnic, Ernie Connover did a demo with his spring pole lathe. I got to try it and at first used my head for a bump stop. Ernie's a little shorter than I am. I would have to raise the top pole up a little. It was pretty fun, but I still like mine with a plug on it.
Mike Hawkins;)
where is your safety glasses:eek::eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts