Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Termite
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So number 1... if you trust your work table being flat, you want to clamp to it. While applying the scribe on the radius, it's not usual for the plywood to deform plywood will keep ot flat.

Number 2...I've used this pattern once and this is the second time, so I want protect the glue joints at the pattern for future use. A little tape now or Bondo later.

Number 3....you want to make sure the clamps aren't touching just the tops of the scribe, if they start getting a slight bevel now it will continue which you will either see a gap later and try and correct it or its going to start reaching for thr sky reaching upward like a bow or dinner plate .
Wood Natural material Gas Hardwood Wood stain
Wood Floor Flooring Gas Hardwood
Sleeve Wood Automotive exterior Hood Collar

·
Registered
Termite
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The first few rounds are very important. I want get atleast to solid runs with the longest pieces. I will clamp t his just like it permanent to set the length.
Wood Door Gas Fixture Tints and shades

·
Registered
Termite
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Today I have to change over. I may get one more lamination and have to change to a deeper clamp. The F-style work but are much harder to tighten up.

He re is sone clamp information.
Menatds F-style clamps are heavy, but pretty good for the money. Less than $10.
Harbor freight.. what can k say. Cheap but work.
Irwin squeeze clamps k amps . Not my favorite except to hold sonething while u get a real clamp on it.
Bessey adjustable squeeze clamp.i honestly like this clamp. I had one drop and broke a handle so I stopped buying, but I wish I had 50.
Milwaukee clamp.I bought several boxes of these thinking they were tips. Took ll but 4 back. Looked good but a fail.
Electrical wiring Wood Engineering Automotive design Electronic engineering

In
Hand tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Tool Toy
Hand tool Saw Crosscut saw Wood Tool

·
Registered
Termite
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
My biggest challenge today is ADA. Thinking ahead I'll need 27-28" clearance, but I only want a 31" height max.

This will allow me to put the drink holders in.
Wood Tableware Hardwood Wood stain Varnish

·
Registered
Termite
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
In a hurry to get as many laminations a day as possible, rather than recut a piece fir a better fit I thought it woukd be a good tine to show how I repair this. I have enough cutoffs at this point that I only need find something close enough and fit it in.after sanding you won't notice it.
Wood Art Flooring Font Hardwood
Wood Automotive tire Hardwood Tints and shades Human leg

·
Registered
Termite
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
From vise grip clamps to HF f-style clamps and Jorgensen gear clamps. I try and use the Jorgensen where I can't really twist on the f-style clamps.
Wood Urban design City Crowd Event

·
Registered
Termite
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Hopefully I get one more lamination on before the end of the day. There is three stages to this radius. 2 chip radiuses and one trim piece.

Undecided on the trim piece.
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Drawing

21 - 40 of 88 Posts