Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paused on this table because I wanted two different levels of chip inserts. Because I decided to glue up strips I paused.

Kinda getting how i want to do it...

Probanly do a blank in a blank and drop it diwn
Handwriting Font Circle Wood Collectable

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another reason I stopped was the theme of the table. I decided to build a Zombie table. I had found green leather and asked the leather guy if I could spray red ink on it to make opt look like blood splatter and he said yet. I had found Zombie style chips as well, but I had no worked out the base yet. Another pause.
Money Currency Cash Money handling Art
Plant Jewellery Box Font Fashion accessory
Plant Circle Metal Electric blue Fashion accessory
Plant Font Circle Metal Ingredient
Grass Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor
Plant Green Water Grass Flooring

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got 2 pieces of 48" round glass and started a round table sometime ago and stopped. I prefer 42" glass but I'm out. I wanted to make myself a table I could fold up when not in use which means glass is out. The way I've made my tables in the past is a two part table. A display/poker table. When not in use, you just put collectable under the glass and when needed drop the insert in. I like poker pits, so I'll have to see how I can build this one.
Wood Automotive wheel system Hardwood Varnish Circle

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I check the table for flatness. Still flat. Lucky me 😜 I put the poker table blank on the work table. It has pocket screws underneath so I used the poker ring from another table to support it. Looking rough, but should clean up

Most important part to a round table. The center pin.
Wood Floor Flooring Art Dishware
Brown Beige Wood Landscape Flooring
Wood Road surface Floor Flooring Gas

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still have my pattern for my poker chip radius. Having to decide if I want to use solid wood or glue up strips.
Brown Wood Beige Flooring Tints and shades
Wood Art Font Flooring Circle

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking I could cut the walnut into 1" stips ann from there turn and rip my 1/4 slices for the chip tray. Trying figure less work and less lost material.
Wood Rectangle Plank Wood stain Composite material

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In order for this pattern to work I'll have to chop the corners and possibly a groove for squeeze clamps. 2",4.5 and 13" are my fastest clamps.
Table Wood Religious item Font Symbol
Wood Flooring Art Hardwood Font

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Because this will be strios I'm thinking about contrasting woods to highlight it. I have maple and ash.

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So the TB2 is 2029 and the YB1 must be older. If they started daring in 2019, it must be before that.TB2 is a lil sower so om sure that's the water resistant properties snd the TB1 is pretty good of it s before 2019.
Bottle Liquid Fluid Ingredient Drink

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the biggest decision for me was if I remove chip cutouts I pretty much ruin the table , but I'm not sure how many more tables I'll build. This could be the last.

I'm really big on you materials in the shop versus buying for hone projects. Guess I'll use what I got.
Wood Flooring Gas Machine Automotive tire

·
Registered
Termite
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So to protect the surface I'm using painters plastic, but will have to put paper above this for the glue ups as it won't take much abuse from sharp edges.
Automotive tire Wood Table Hardwood Flooring
Packing materials Wood Bumper Shipping box Font
Wood Engineering Hardwood Wood stain Gas

1 - 20 of 88 Posts