Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Any suggestion or links as to fix the vernere on plywood after sawing? Thanks
I think you need to be more explicit in explaining what you are talking about. I don't have a clue what you are asking, and I'm assuming you are talking about veneer, as I have never heard of "vernere". Is that "veneer" is some other language ?

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
I think you need to be more explicit in explaining what you are talking about. I don't have a clue what you are asking, and I'm assuming you are talking about veneer, as I have never heard of "vernere". Is that "veneer" is some other language ?
It's gotta be a general term. Actually if you think about it "vaneer" spells out better for how it sounds than "veneer".

A 60T or 80T (depending on the thickness of the plywood) crosscuts better if the cut line is taped. For the table saw, cut face up, and handheld circular saw/RAS, good side down. Personally, I use a good blade, don't tape, and the fraying is very minimal. Usually a quick light cleanup of the face veneer with a ROS knocks most of it off.

A lot of my domestic hardwood ply has close to a .0625 face, so there is a bit to sand safely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts