Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I decided to make a bowl it's been awhile but turning is always fun. I glued multiple layers of plywood together the diameter of the top of the bowl is roughly 9 in. I have some pics. here hope you like it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,164 Posts
:thumbsup:Very nice. Some of the guys in our turning club have glued up some veneered panels where the core is wafer board with a birch veneer top and bottom. They come out really nice. Looks like some kind of exotic wood. I have glued some 1x pieces of maple together and turned some nice bowls from them. Good way to use up scraps.
Mike Hawkins

·
Registered
484 Posts
Plywood bowl
Very nice. I like that a lot. I have seen these before but for some reason this one impresses me a lot. Bet your tools got pretty dull turning this? :thumbsup: Nice work. Keep turning. Mitch

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now that is really cool looking! :yes: It made me think of the Indian basket weaving I see around the west all the time. Don't know why; maybe the shape of it, maybe the shape and texture both. Anyway, two thumbs up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.