Woodworking Talk banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts

Sure did, the timber bowed quite a bit and I decided not to continue
So the real decision to abandon the fish tank idea was because the tank wasn't holding up, not/not only the cost of the filtration system.

Don't feel bad; I've abandoned projects before, only to later convert them to something else entirely. No sense wasting all of the time and effort you've already put into the project. Been there myself.

At least you can say you've tried. That's farther than many people get. And you know it's a valid idea because plywood fish tanks exist (though I hadn't heard of them until this thread) so you may try again some time. But next time you'll be more aware of whatever issues you might face and be better prepared to tackle the job.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that your original plan didn't work out. It happens to all of us. But I am glad you were able to salvage the project and make it into something that you can still use and enjoy.

Keep your head up. You'll only get better and better at this sometimes unpredictable hobby.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
the decision was made based on the fact that I would have to spend a fortune on a tank that may eventually soak my carpet, if only one of those factors were present I would have continued but they combined resulted in my scraping the aquarium

41 - 45 of 45 Posts