Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two little pieces of this over 20 years ago and don't remember what type it is. Also, do you know how hard it is to come by now-a-days? Any info is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yes, it's definitely spalted sycamore. I've seen it before but you'll be lucky to find any on demand. That is, if you keep you eye out for it, you'll find some eventually but the chances of lucking into some right away are slim (but certainly not impossible --- try WoodBarter)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
... you'll be lucky to find any on demand. That is, if you keep you eye out for it, you'll find some eventually but the chances of lucking into some right away are slim (but certainly not impossible --- try WoodBarter)
OR, apparently, you could just ask firemedic about it :laughing:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I bought two little pieces of this over 20 years ago and don't remember what type it is. Also, do you know how hard it is to come by now-a-days? Any info is appreciated.
check with this fellow , name is gary and he has spalted sycamore , i have bought some from him he has a web page on ebay and his email i will give the link and you can contact him , he has lot's of wood, the link http://stores.ebay.com/NCWood

1 - 13 of 13 Posts