Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm new to woodworking, and want to buy a good quality dado blade set for my General Intn'l table saw. Can someone help? I'm building new kitchen cabinets for my first project, and need all the good advice I can get.
Thanks !:yes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll recommend what not to get: a woble or dial-a-width blade. Adjusting both take awhile to get a perfect fit. Go with a stacked dado, that way you know exactly how many chippers and shims to use for each width.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll second the Stack Dado Set. It's much more accurate than the wobble ones.

I have a Sys-Matic 8" stacked set that I use on my Delta Contractor Saw. It's a great set and I think it was $170.00 at Woodcraft.

Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Might not be the PC place, but bought two sets from Harbor Freight, one set lasted through three sets of wall units, new set is for kitchen cabinets I am starting on. They are a stack set and can get them on sale for $29.99.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a big fan of Forrest blades. They have a dado set but it's pricey. Grizzly offers it for $269.95.
I second what Dave has said, I've had my Forrest set for over 12 years several dozen resharpening(s) and the only time they gave me a problem is when I (not it) chipped a carbide tooth :cursing:. $18 later and the complete set re-sharpened no problem.

Please note: ALWAYS GET THE COMPLETE SET SHARPENED EACH TIME!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts