Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm 'Diamonddee'; though, you may call me D.D. for short if you like. ;)
I currently hail from the coast of Maine; however, like Mr. Cash said, "I've been everywhere Man . . ." :laughing:

Anyway, I am stoked to have found this site! Currently, there are several projects involving driftwood, petrified wood, various stains, varnishes, brush types, drill bits etc., which I am waist deep in. I know I will need help/advice when I reach certain points. Google is a miraculous site --- sometimes.... :shifty:

I am a mid-range/novice jeweler. (I usually use silver, base metals, semi-precious gems, stones, self mined Tourmaline and whatever else suites my fancy!):thumbsup:

I began collecting driftwood and petrified wood from several sites this past storm and last year; It is gorgeous! Learning how to drill, stain, cure and wrap it -- ALL without breaking it, is another topic altogether!

Thank you for having this site! I hope to learn, exchange knowledge, ideas, and finally find like-minded individuals! :icon_biggrin:

~"Follow the grain in your own wood." (Howard Thurman)

:ninja:Diamonddee

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: diamonddee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You for the warm welcome!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!! I am working on getting pictures from my camera to my computer as we speak! (or type as it may be!)

The one I did post was a piece of half charred drift-wood, which I polyed the heck out of!! For my next trick, I am attempting to drill!!

I welcome ANY and ALL suggestions on stains, bits, glues and mistakes others have learned from -- I have learned that I should have drilled BEFORE applying poly!:blush: Live and learn!

Again, as soon as I learn how to get my computer to read my SD card, I will have some wonderful pictures for all of you!

Thank you for being so kind!

~"A waterfall begins with a single drop of water" (anonymous)
Diamonddee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts