Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning some wood yesterday when the wood stopped rolling through and I had to pull it out by hand.Anyone know why and how to fix it?:eek:

·
Registered
535 Posts
The first thing I would check is to see if your rubber drive rollers need to be cleaned.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow,quick reply.Thanks Ken.Computer and planer aren't in the same place.I will give it a try and get back to you tomorrow.Thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rollers didn't seem dirty,but I cleaned them and lubricated the table.It's working fine now,thanks.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hi Jon

I sometimes have the same problem with my Delta 121/2 inch planer. I think, that in my case it may be that some of the the boards are not a consistent thickness through their length. I also found out that my 121/2 inch planer will actually only handle 121/4 inch wide boards because of the space between the side guides.

Gerry

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've had that stalling problem with my 12" Delta but it's because I run reeeeeeeeally thin stuff that I probably shouldn't be trying to. It was A LOT of fun watching the flamed koa EXPLODE!!!!!:eek: :blink: :furious:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was some new stuff I just bought made by Boeing.The bottle is not here I'll get back about it tommorrow.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was Boeshield T-9.Corrosion protection/waterproof lubrication.I used to use wax but I decided to try this stuff out.I think i'll go back to wax.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have tried everything over the years and have always come back
to the easiest and quickest, Lemon Pledge.
Don't laugh until you try it.;)

·
Woodworker and Contractor
97 Posts
Clark, on that same note have you tried Pam on your saw blades:thumbsup: keeps the build up down, would proably work on planer blades too:yes:

·
Registered
312 Posts
No I haven't, where does she live? (LOL)

Sounds good, I'll give it a try.
I have been useing silicone spray, it too works pretty good
on the blades.;)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
It was Boeshield T-9.Corrosion protection/waterproof lubrication.I used to use wax but I decided to try this stuff out.I think i'll go back to wax.:thumbdown:
Hi Jon
I am familiar with Boeshield T9, having used it when I worked for Pacific Western Airlines over twenty years ago. I do not think I can readily obtain it now, unless I make a run down to the surplus store in Seattle Washington. Any problems with it staying on the wood, and messing up your finish?

Thanks for the feedback.:smile:

Gerry

·
Woodworker and Contractor
97 Posts
Never had a probmel with it on the saw or the planer but I would only spary them every now and then and wipe them dry if they got dripping with it. I would assume it could cause problems. The table saw was always rough cutting and the planer the wet residue goes away quickly, first 12" of the first pass, leaving a slick coating on the the blades and the little cove area that gets the sap build up.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Never had a probmel with it on the saw or the planer but I would only spary them every now and then and wipe them dry if they got dripping with it. I would assume it could cause problems. The table saw was always rough cutting and the planer the wet residue goes away quickly, first 12" of the first pass, leaving a slick coating on the the blades and the little cove area that gets the sap build up.
Thanks for the tip kingfisher. I will give it a try.

Gerry:smile:

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
I have tried everything over the years and have always come back
to the easiest and quickest, Lemon Pledge.
Don't laugh until you try it.;)
No I haven't, where does she live? (LOL)

Sounds good, I'll give it a try.
I have been useing silicone spray, it too works pretty good
on the blades.;)

I almost cringed when you guys said this. Silicon is the evil empire of finishing. It will cause all kinds of problems, especially fish-eyes. These are forbidden products in my shop. I just use plain old butchers wax. Safe, cheap and works well, a can will last you a long time. I am a one man shop, work 60 hours a week and a can will last me 1-2 years, $10.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts