Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a source for a good deal on jointer/planer blades. My grizzly 12,1/2" planer blades are shot and I need to get new ones. The one Grizzly sells are double sided and are a pain to install. They seem to get nicked every time I put them in and they chip wat to easy. So, where do you get yours from. I don't mind spending money if they are worth it, however the grizzly ones are $33+$8.95 shipping.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leo, I just placed a order for a set of blades for the planer and jointer.:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
4,405 Posts
One of these days I am going to break down a get a carbide tipped set for my planer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I work with motors a lot in my air conditioning trade. My best suggestion to your problem is to remove the motor, and take it to a motor repair shop, and have them look at it and check it out and have them rewire it for you for 110 volts.

I know you are on a limited budget right now with the holidays and birthdays, so it may have to wait till you can get into a better financial situation and take it to a motor shop.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I work with motors a lot in my air conditioning trade. My best suggestion to your problem is to remove the motor, and take it to a motor repair shop, and have them look at it and check it out and have them rewire it for you for 110 volts.

I know you are on a limited budget right now with the holidays and birthdays, so it may have to wait till you can get into a better financial situation and take it to a motor shop.

Wayne
:blink: Huh? Yank, I think he is talking about spending the money on carbide planer blades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts