Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poking for a simple answer here whats a good brand ridgid or dewalt or delta for a table planer??? Looking at a few used items on craigslist for around 200? Help!!

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Poking for a simple answer here whats a good brand ridgid or dewalt or delta for a table planer??? Looking at a few used items on craigslist for around 200? Help!!
Model numbers would be helpful. If those are your only options, the DeWalt is gonna be the winner.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Hmmm,if I remember correctly the 733 was a 2 knife planer. Theres been many a folks here that had that model so they can tell you if its any good or not.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Dewalt 733 is ok planer. It's newer version the 734 us 3 knives and uses reversible blades. Easier to change and better cuts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am new to planets, I understand them don't get me wrong and have ran a few back in the days but two pop in mind dewalt and ridgid found both on cl for 200 can't seem to make up my mind????

·
Registered
243 Posts
bostonwindows said:
If you can get the rigid for 200 I'd jump all over that! It's a pretty good planer. My buddy has one and loves it. It has 3 knives and reversible. Plus it has the depth cut gauge which is helpful and wish my planer had that. I have the craftsman 12 1/2 in with 2 knives that are reversible. So far mine has done well and I paid 256 new at sears because it was on sale for 44 off. Mine leaves snipe though but is easily sanded off but my buddies rigid leaves very little to no snipe. I don't think you can go wrong with the rigid for that price.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Comes down to condition. Which ever is better is what I'd buy. Although I'd offer a bit less than 200.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did I offered 150 both bite for it, I just want to know the better of the tow the ridgid comes with stand dewalt does not!!

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Without models or links to the listings....it's hard to give you an opinion.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts