Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Retired
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in need of some help please. I have an old AMT 12.50 planer. I lost my manual in a house fire. AMT company is no longer in business. I need to know how high my blades need to be so I can build a jig. I don’t want to keep taking it apart just to adjust blades because it takes 45 minutes just to get to blades it a poor design in that sense. Please any help would be great!

·
where's my table saw?
29,932 Posts

·
Wishing he had a title...
526 Posts
There is a relationship between the pressure bar, rollers and blades. I rebuilt a old PM-100. Had it completely apart and had heard stories about how hard it was to get them set up and working correctly. I found this video by Bob Vaughn, he repaired machines for years and knows them inside out.

It is a long video but somewhere in there he talkes about the relationship (heights) of all the components. When I set up my planer I set it up so the blades would be .060 above the cutter head just so I could remember it. But you should be able to measure yours and determine exactly where yours should be.

BTW, mine worked nearly perfect first pass. I had to make a minor adjustment to it and that was it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts