Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Composing a post:
How do I place text below an image?
My Message entry area with my text, doesn't show where the image will be placed,, or I put the cursor below the pic's code and type away.
jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try

Lets try a pic with text above and below
I try the picture icon above the text block,, it ask for a url of the image.
Ok don't have one of those.

So now I below,, additional options,,Manage Attachments,, I pic a picture from my confuzer.
when done I don't see where it will appear on the text area.

So I'm thinking the only way to put text above or below a pic is to go through the insert umage via URL process (the message button for insert image)

here is a try using the message icon to place a url in the text:

Well, its a nice set of URL link, but no pic.

here is the pic from my computer
And I have no indication on the message box,, of where that image will appear on the post
jim

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ok lets see if I can get this to work. I'm typing text and will place an image and then place text under it.

This is a cabinet that I built for a customer. See I'm typing under the picture. It's kinda hard because when you place a picture you have to click off of the message then place the cursor at the bottom right of the picture and click to get it to blinking. Then you hit enter a couple of times to move it down and start typing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What you need to do is to load the pictures directly from your own computer to the site, rather than link to Photobucket or another off-site location. (If that location ever goes down or goes away, your pictures also go away, but if they are loaded here, they will always stay in the post).

Go to "Manage Attachments", browse your computer for the picture you want to upload, upload the picture.

Then come back into the composing screen, click on the paperclip icon at the top, and insert the picture(s). You'll get a line that reads ATTACH]962[/ATTACH with brackets at the ends. Then you can type before the picture,

IMG_0060 (600 x 450).jpg beside the picture,

or below the picture to put in your description.

There is a tutorial available for posting pictures on any forum that uses vBulletin (as this one does) here: http://workingwoods.com/workingwoods/smc tutorials/Posting Pictures on SMC.htm

This was written by a former member of Sawmill Creek, then changed for the Family Woodworking family, but the basics work here too.

As I said earlier, if you are trying to post pictures from an off-site storage, you usually have to click on a URL to get to them, and the pictures will disappear if and when that site goes down or if you decide to remove the pictures from Photobucket. Using this method, the pictures will ALWAYS be here (but they do use bandwidth).

Also, remember that you can always preview your post and see how it looks and reads before you click the "submit reply" button.

(By the way, I didn't make that particular pen in the picture above. I received it in a pen swap on another site.)

Nancy

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi TexasTimbers

Talking about computers morons....I'm the leader...

The link that Nancy gave us is very good and covers it all except that I'm using different Photo Resize program.

The program is called "FastSton Image Viewer"
http://www.faststone.org/
At the time that you are viewing the picture, you can resize it, add text, sharpen/blare and many other options.

If I want to resize a batch, I'm using the program "FastStone Photo resizer"

Regards
niki

·
Registered
266 Posts
:laughing: Kevin, I like orchids better:laughing: :laughing: . Glad I was able to help.

PM sent to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts