Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a house, and it has lots of wood trim around the windows and doors. Some are real wood (light brown, shows grain), and some are plastic moldings (light brown, with phony "grain").
I want to make these a dark cherry red color. So I'm looking for a colored finish that I can apply to all. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Dan
PS: All I've seen so far is some colored polyurethane (and not quite the right color). Haven't looked for shellac or varnish yet.

·
Registered
26,992 Posts
I just bought a house, and it has lots of wood trim around the windows and doors. Some are real wood (light brown, shows grain), and some are plastic moldings (light brown, with phony "grain").
I want to make these a dark cherry red color. So I'm looking for a colored finish that I can apply to all. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Dan
PS: All I've seen so far is some colored polyurethane (and not quite the right color). Haven't looked for shellac or varnish yet.
The plastic moldings and textured fiberglass doors is what the gel stain was developed for. It will adhere to the plastic as well as the wood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts