Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had some down time this week and was browsing CL for nothing in particular. I think I found some good deals. Picked up a 6" craftsman jointer for $50. I figured if I didn't use it I could at least get my money back. Then I came across a guy selling a lot of planes (4, 5, 7, 110, and two that I'm not sure what they are) and other misc items. The irons in the need some work and the a couple of the handles are cracked but over all pretty good condition.

Can anyone shed some light on what the next two items?

Metal

Any clue as to what kinda plane?

Block plane Plane Rebate plane Smoothing plane Tool

On the bottom row, what are the conical items? They seem to be for cutting something?

Metalworking hand tool Cutting tool Antique tool Tool Household silver

Muffler Antique tool

Plane Jack plane Smoothing plane Block plane Rebate plane

Desk Table Furniture Technology Machine

I came across this mini vice at a yard sale today, I think I got it for a few bucks. It was grouped with some kitchen stuff my wife bought.

Knockout punch

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
That is a star drill for concrete or stone.

You place it over your center mark and rotate it while hammering.

Product Door handle Metal

Nice haul!

Reactions: Chaincarver Steve

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
That is a star drill for concrete or stone.

You place it over your center mark and rotate it while hammering.

View attachment 77045

Nice haul!
AHH, OK! I have some of these as well and was wondering exactly what were for and how they were used. My gut told me they are for masonry. But I would have thought they'd be used more like a drill bit. The hammering makes sense though.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.