Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
That Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need another RAS like a hole in my head but there it was for only $60 and I just couldn't say no.

I think 'll use the motor to permanently mount my molding head attachment, that way I don't need to do a lot of work to set up.

The rest of it is up for grabs, does anyone need anything from it? Pics attached,

It has this funky interactive guard that raises when you squueze the handle, is this what is referred to when people talk about "the kit" that Emmerson sent out? If you want it LMK, I have no need for it.

If you want something else, pawls, levers, gears etc, LMK.

·
where's my table saw?
28,716 Posts
Once you discover that the heads are interchangeable, you will have more than one. It's the electrical that's typically the issue and wired through the arm rather than directly to the motor like on the 12" RAS. That blade guard is the "safety" system that Emerson supplied with the recall. The rest of the parts are not very useful and I have several arms and bases stored away for some future project....?
I made a 2 axis panel saw from a RAS carriage:

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
If you have the room radial arms are one of the cheapest ways to set up dedicated machines for production work, I attended an auction sale of a shop where they had a row of them lined up along one wall. Each of them was cleverly modified to perform a specific task, unfortunately this was back in the days before cell phones with cameras so I did not get any photos but did get some ideas to use for mine.

Some of the obvious that I saw:
Stops on post, carriage and table.
Foot pedal to clamp stock.
One machine converted to over-head pin router.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts