Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the "local" Rockler......(about 60 mi away) and got the Kreg R3 pockethole set. (with 25% off in store weekend special) Hopefuklly I'll be able to use it here shortly on the Cabinet I need to get working on.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, poor choice of words..... get the stuff in the shop put away so it appears more clean, and so that I'll have room to work!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doors And Drawers

If you're looking for a "middle ground" between full-on mortise & tenon and simple slab doors I'd suggest simple tongue & groove with plywood panels. Assuming you have a router or tablesaw it's one of the easiest and best looking (my opinion) for a simple yet elegant door using solid stock for the rails and stiles. Aim at 1/3 the thickness of your stock for the width of the grooves/tenons. As you cut the grooves just keep reversing the lumber against the fence to keep the grooves centered.
Have a look here:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/SkillsAndTechniques/SkillsAndTechniquesAllAbout.aspx?id=27776

I'd reccomend anyone building furniture or wanting to to subscribe to Fine Woodworking magazine. (or seek it out at your local library)

Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe that there are lots of people using pocket hole joinery. Where I teach I have kids use biscuit joinery, pocket holes, dowels, as well as more traditional joinery techniques. They each have there place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts