Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone herd from him in the last couple of weeks? I ordered some wood from him. When the invoice came in there was no shipping charge. So I replied to the email and ask for total with shipping. No response, well sometimes you can't respond to an automated email. So I sent him an email at the cherryburls addy. Still no response. I hope he is just on vacation or something.

Mike

·
Registered
266 Posts
No, TT, you weren't right. Bill has recently had to have some surgery, and while he was hospitalized, his home and his business were burgled. He's having a hard time right now.

I also understand that he might even be going out of the business.

Nancy

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
That stinks.
When I said "It looks like I may have been right", I did so with deliberate thought and not as an afterthought. I didn't want to come across as passing judgement without knowing the facts. That should be clear to anyone who wants to read each word.
I know first hand just exactly how hard it is for him right now on both counts.
I was fortunate enough to personally catch my lowlife creep.

Do you know him personally? Going out of business does not sound like his style although I do not know him that well, just basing that on how he charged in here and immediately started promoting his products very aggressively which is what made me think he was just wanting to sell product as opposed to being part of the community. I was happy to decide I had been wrong about him after a week or so and having traded some posts with him. Then, almost as fast as he came he was gone. This all I had to go on.
It is suprising to hear he would throw in the towel unless his health permantly prevents it. Hopefully that is not the case.
Of course I wish for him a speedy recovery and that the lowlife thief is caught, and that the Lord restores his health and business fully.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Nancy. That does stink. Hope everything turns out alright for him.

Mike

·
Cabinetmaker
646 Posts
We are all sorry to hear this. However I believe if the call went out that a few volunteers could be found to go and have a "talk" with this scumbag if caught and show him the way.:shifty::glare::yes: He?she WILL CLEARLY UNDERSTAND
JackM

·
Registered
266 Posts
No, don't know Bill personally, but I have had some business dealings with him which have all been very honest and above-board. I think he has just run into a string of bad luck.

Nancy

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
Nancy you have struck a chord with me. throughout my business life I have always found that if a supplier is knowledgable and gives good service, it is worth building a relationship.

I have such a relationship with my major supplier and this means that I get superb service so I do not have to worry. One of the big problems in days of old was sending an order off and not being notified of any delays. Causing problems for me with my customers. I once asked the factory where an order was and they told me 'despatched today'. On non arrival, I discovered that what the person meant was that it had been despatched from their dept to another part of the factory for packing, ie a day's delay.
johnep

1 - 8 of 8 Posts