Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to make a bunch of pendants with scant notice for Christmas so I turned these out yesterday and this morning. Not the prettiest pendants because I was in too big of a rush. Just grabbed any wood that was cutoffs or scrap and started turning. to rushed but fun anyway. I used my Homemade copy of the Joyner pendant jig for some. That will take more planning in advance to really understand what I can do with it. Can't tilt it which is a bummer. I may have to work on a concept to allow it to do that. I prefer my tapered pendants. Most of them were made on 2x2 wooden blocks that I can mount any way I want in my chucks. I can tilt them to get the wedge shaped pendants. You can also tilt them left and right for accent marks. If you remove 2 jaws from the chuck and use a 2x3 block you can move it up and down to drill the hole off center or do other off center things.

Attachments

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
As has become the expectation, excellent work yet again...

·
Registered
80 Posts
very nice.

I like making pendants, they're basically a simple concept that can be toyed with and changed for different designs.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Very pretty, like the variety of eye catching woods and the very smooth finish. I will definitely wear them especially the tapered ones. Great job!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts