Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
penn state ind (psi) has gotten alot better and i buy alot from them
Woodturninz i think i spelled it right is also a good one i use
there are plenty more others will recommend

·
Registered
396 Posts
I order from woodturningz, craft supply, Packard wood works, and exotic blanks. I have never had a problem with any of them. Penn state has reportedly improved but I will only by from them if absolutely necessary. Had an order last year that took nearly a month to receive from them. And nothing was backordered. If you must have something from PSI check with woodturningz they can most likely get it.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
http://www.exoticblanks.com/ has everything you need and youd be hard pressed to find better customer service anywhere for anything. I like that they carry Berea, Dayacom, PSI, etc., etc. and for better prices than you can usually buy them direct. If you ever have any questions, give them a call. Ed is a great guy and will help out anyway he can and not because hes trying to get you buy more stuff. Hes actually called me and questioned my order before because I was ordering things I didnt need. He treats his customers the same wether your spendin 20 bucks or 1000 bucks.:thumbsup:

Reactions: MasterSplinter

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
WoodnWhimsies also

I use them the most, but partly cause they are located about 3 miles from my work so I pick up everything to save shipping.

I've been very happy with them and the customer service is excellent!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
preacherman said:
I order from woodturningz, craft supply, Packard wood works, and exotic blanks. I have never had a problem with any of them. Penn state has reportedly improved but I will only by from them if absolutely necessary. Had an order last year that took nearly a month to receive from them. And nothing was backordered. If you must have something from PSI check with woodturningz they can most likely get it.
Just as a side note, I had the same thing happen to me with penn state last year. They got hit hard by that superstorm sandy so I'd give them a brake

·
Registered
396 Posts
guglipm63 said:
Just as a side note, I had the same thing happen to me with penn state last year. They got hit hard by that superstorm sandy so I'd give them a brake
No this was some time before the storm. That had nothing to do with it! It just took forever!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I like Penn State for the fun kits they have other than pens and pencils like shoe horns, 4 way screwdriver kits and backscratchers. Never had shipping issue with them. If I need stuff in a hurry Woodcraft is 10 miles away.

·
2,442 Posts
Woodcraft sells repackaged Berea kits. Yes there is a huge difference in price. Some of them have a 100% markup or better. I havnt purchased from WC for awhile so my prices may not be accurate anymore but I use alot of the Elegant Beauty Sierras. 11 bucks if you order from Berea. 24 bucks at WC. I dont buy from WC unless Im in a pinch and have to have something right now. I also spend more in gas driving to WC than shipping costs from Berea. Since I live in OH, I get Berea orders in 2 days.

Reactions: MasterSplinter

·
Registered
193 Posts
Woodcraft sells repackaged Berea kits. Yes there is a huge difference in price. Some of them have a 100% markup or better. I havnt purchased from WC for awhile so my prices may not be accurate anymore but I use alot of the Elegant Beauty Sierras. 11 bucks if you order from Berea. 24 bucks at WC. I dont buy from WC unless Im in a pinch and have to have something right now. I also spend more in gas driving to WC than shipping costs from Berea. Since I live in OH, I get Berea orders in 2 days.
Geez, I just looked at the price comparison. It sucks that you would have to spend hours trying to find the best prices on the same product.

·
2,442 Posts
Thats why I buy direct from Berea, Dayacom, etc. Exotics is a one stop shop for all those suppliers and his prices are comparable and even somtimes better than buying direct.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts