Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i think i'm going to be addicted to this, i ended up running back to woodcraft and picking up a third pen kit (read last thread to find out what happened to second). Ended up going with an olive wood (which i found to be very soft and easy for turning, almost too easy) with a decco style offshoot of the slimeline. Here's how it ended up.

Pretty pleased for the most part. I got a little too thin in a couple of places which caused a split to acure (fixed it with some saw dust and thin CA glue), and that nice little horizontal line you see was me being afraid to sand too much more or risk having something else happen. :no: All and all i was pretty pleased. What do you guys think?

·
Kevin's Boss
69 Posts
Just beautiful. Very nice work...love the shape of the pen and the olive wood. The "art deco" accents work very well with the color of the wood and style you chose.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Very nice -- the shape you chose to turn the pen matches the style of the clip & center band well.

Add to that the gorgeous figure in the wood -- what's not to like? :smile:

(btw good luck repairing your other blank, I went through that same "learning opportunity" with a wild choke cherry blank. The final result was really not bad)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts