Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into turning some pens for people at my work. I don't want to spend a lot of money on the kits. Where is the best place to purchase kits in bulk?

·
learning to turn bowls.
197 Posts
Wood craft has a 10 pack of slimlines. 7mm gold. If you want to take it a step further they have grab bags for the wood blanks for under $25. I think the 10 pack I purchased was about $35. I know thee are websites you can get cheaper but not sure what they are. Hope this helps.

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
I've purchased a 10 pack from eBay of the fansy slim. They even let you mix and match the finish. It's $20 for the pack of 10 with free shipping. I am now interested in the other cites that Duncuss and Foresta Design listed here. I am a fairly new turner, only about a month now and doing research on different prices for all the kits, you do get what u pay for. I'm fairly satisfied with the pack from eBay but have not had anything else to compare to really..

Got wood? Turn it.....

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
How many are you looking to buy?

I have some slims that Im probably never gonna turn that I can let go cheap. They are just plain ole gold slims. I'll have to double check the count but I think I have 15 or 20 of them. I'll let them go at a buck each and include shipping if you take them all.

Do you have a mandrel? I have a spare that I dont need. Its a #2MT. I'll let it go for $10 bucks if you pay the shipping.

I also have a whole bunch of blanks if you need those as well. Multiple species.

PM me if you would like to work out some kind of package deal, otherwise, the suggestions made by the other guys will be your best bet.

Just checked what I have...

7 gold slimlines
4 chrome slimlines
1 copper slimline
2 copper slimline pencils, 1 missing tubes

I also have a set of slimline bushings I can throw in with that mandrel if needed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I will look into these sites.

@BassBlaster....PM sent

On another note. Got a local guy around me asking $100 for a variable speed Delta 8" grinder. Is that a good deal?

·
Registered
138 Posts
i would be interested in all the slimlines and the mandrel.
do you take paypal? and total price?
thanks
wendell
How many are you looking to buy?

I have some slims that Im probably never gonna turn that I can let go cheap. They are just plain ole gold slims. I'll have to double check the count but I think I have 15 or 20 of them. I'll let them go at a buck each and include shipping if you take them all.

Do you have a mandrel? I have a spare that I dont need. Its a #2MT. I'll let it go for $10 bucks if you pay the shipping.

I also have a whole bunch of blanks if you need those as well. Multiple species.

PM me if you would like to work out some kind of package deal, otherwise, the suggestions made by the other guys will be your best bet.

Just checked what I have...

7 gold slimlines
4 chrome slimlines
1 copper slimline
2 copper slimline pencils, 1 missing tubes

I also have a set of slimline bushings I can throw in with that mandrel if needed.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
i would be interested in all the slimlines and the mandrel.
do you take paypal? and total price?
thanks
wendell
tresguey is taking the kits but not the mandrel. If you'd still like the mandrel send me an email at [email protected] since you cant PM yet. I want $10 plus shipping for it. Its an adjustable with a #2MT. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts