1- shaft for mini round carbide cutter
1- shaft for mini square carbide cutter
1- shaft for mini sqaure/radius carbide cutter
6- pen blanks ranging from acrylic, cast wood, stabilized and regula wood
3- Redwood burl bottle stopper blanks

The rules:
1- You must have 25 post to show you are a member in good standing her on WWT
2- You must be able to email a quality photo of your entry
3- An entry fee sent to my paypal- [email protected]. Donation based to help for shipping and future giveaways.
4- MUST HAVE FUN

The entry guidelines
-Turn a slimline pen, finish and wood type of your choice- the more creative the more votes you will most likely get
-Turn a matching slimline mechanical pencil, finish and wood type of your choice- the more creative the more votes you will most likely get
-Email one quality photo of both items in a single shot to [email protected] with your name and WWT screen name

·
Registered
122 Posts
contest

Hi, my lathe will be delivered today or tomorrow.

Having never turned a piece of anything before, I doubt that my entry would be worthy.
Give me about a month, and I'll be ready for you next time....maybe not good enough to take first place, but at least a respectful entry.

I think it's great that you take the time to run this contest.
Looking forward to seeing all the pens that have been entered.

Dick

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rodbuster said:
Hi, my lathe will be delivered today or tomorrow.

Having never turned a piece of anything before, I doubt that my entry would be worthy.
Give me about a month, and I'll be ready for you next time....maybe not good enough to take first place, but at least a respectful entry.

I think it's great that you take the time to run this contest.
Looking forward to seeing all the pens that have been entered.

Dick
Any entry is worthy my friend.. If everyone thinks like that then there will be no new people to eenter the contest and this is ment more for new turners :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
:yes: I'm in. Going to order the kits tonight when I get home, maybe some special blanks?? I have to dig through and see what I have. Of all the kits I have I did not have a single pencil kit. Trying to decide what to do with a slimline that will stand out.

Hope several will be involved should be fun!

Thanks for putting this together and giving away stuff!!!

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
clpead said:
By matching pencil, does that mean matching kit or duplicated design?
One slimline pen. Your choice of material and one mechanical pencil again your choice material. A matching set means they both have to have a similar profile and material..

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
I'll see how I go. Not sure of I have kits at home or not plus no workshop to speak of but then that has not stopped me before. Have to check the time line. Any chance you are extending it.

Regards

Dave

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DaveTTC said:
I'll see how I go. Not sure of I have kits at home or not plus no workshop to speak of but then that has not stopped me before. Have to check the time line. Any chance you are extending it.

Regards

Dave
Dave. Im not getting a good response on this contest. I may be canceling it. :(

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
That will me a shame. Maybe you could postpone it. Start it now but out an 8 wk time line on it. As some start to do some other may come on board.

·
7,222 Posts
That will me a shame.
Yes, it would be a shame. There was a LOT of interest when this was first announced. Your rules are simple enough. :blink:

I am not sure what happened to all the folks who said they were interested. :sad:

You have a terrific set of prizes. Capt Eddie had a lot of interest for his competition and no where close to the prize set you offered.

I am not into turning pens, but I was eager to see the future pictures.

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave Paine said:
Yes, it would be a shame. There was a LOT of interest when this was first announced. Your rules are simple enough. :blink:

I am not sure what happened to all the folks who said they were interested. :sad:

You have a terrific set of prizes. Capt Eddie had a lot of interest for his competition and no where close to the prize set you offered.

I am not into turning pens, but I was eager to see the future pictures.
I agree. And as of today only one person entered that i know of. So im not sure. I may hold of for a bit until my YouTube channel gets a a few subscribers and maybe do the contest then. Not sure. Kinda upset, if people thought it wasn't enough time than they should say so like Dave did.. Oh well i tried, i can't force people to enter..

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
Sorry I've been a bit a bit absent from the forum for the last month or so.

I may be going to a couple of pen events down under in oct and nov. if you held off till mid December for the draw I think I could get a few more members for the forum and a few more participants.

Another idea would be to pm a few individuals who simply may not have seen this thread.

I only got back on board because some mentioned it toe a few days ago and it took me till last night to sign on and find the thread.

You got a great little thing set up here. I really hope the members get behind you and make it work.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I think its awesome that you are doing this. If I had any skills, I'd try to whip something out sweet for this.

Mark

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DaveTTC said:
Sorry I've been a bit a bit absent from the forum for the last month or so.

I may be going to a couple of pen events down under in oct and nov. if you held off till mid December for the draw I think I could get a few more members for the forum and a few more participants.

Another idea would be to pm a few individuals who simply may not have seen this thread.

I only got back on board because some mentioned it toe a few days ago and it took me till last night to sign on and find the thread.

You got a great little thing set up here. I really hope the members get behind you and make it work.
Hmm. I think putting the contest on hold for now is a good idea. Bring it back in a couple months. I got twins on the way so ill be busy too ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts