Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
If this is in the wrong place I am sorry.
I have a PC 890 router that I primarily use in a table and I have managed to break the spindle locking pin. I have purchased the replacement pin but now would appreciate some information as to how to replace it.

I have not looked too closely at it yet and have definitely not attempted to disassemble it yet.

Any help and assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Hickabilly
536 Posts
Dewalt ServiceNet seems to be down tonight, but if you go to their website you can download a breakdown drawing of the router. I have one in my router table, but haven't had to break it down yet. If the pin is sheared off, or bent, it should not be a big deal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mickit,

Thanks for the reply. I thought it should be no big deal either, but now I am not so sure. It appears that I might need to completely disassemble the whole motor to get to the pin retainer... at least remove the armature.
That seems like to much of a teardown for such a small pin.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Surely I am not the only animal who has broken one of these pins.

Thanks.

·
Hickabilly
536 Posts
Do you have a copy of the breakdown? I finally pulled it up on service net and it appears to be a minor operation.
By removing the two screws(32) you should be able to remove cover(16). The safety switch bar(15)comes off next revealing the pin. Don't lose the spring or retainer. Reassembly is exact reverse.
Good luck. I have a copy of the breakdown if you need it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, again, thanks for the reply.
I do not have a copy of the breakdown, if you could make that available to me I would appreciate it.

If it is the exploded drawing of the router that I am thinking of, I thing the pin is number 21 and the retainer is 23. I thought I read that the retainer comes out on the side toward the armature and that you would need to remove the armature to remove and replace the retainer and pin.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts