Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever hear of this? Came across this video of a workbench design. Looks like a good design, especially for the tear-down workshop. Looks study and strong and very versatile.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Been there, done that.

I build the workbench and I love it. My wife has the crazy notion that garages are ment for parking the car and not a full time workshop. So when I have a project her car stays outside and the paulk workbench comes up from the basement. I have a contractors saw that hangs on the end and the HUGE router table space it provides has been a huge help.

It's super stable, like rock frigging solid. I thought it would rock back and forth on on the legs a bit. I can stand on it and jump up and down. Did I mention I love it? When I get a permanent workshop I will build an out feed assembly table based on this table.

Did I mention that I really like this table? I made my 4x6 because I didn't need the extra 2 feet and I thought it would be easier to haul down the stairs and around corners.

I give it 2 thumbs up, way up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Interested to hear what others say about it.
:drink:

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
someone else on this board started building one recently.

my first bench was based on his ideas. i liked that bench.

mine was a little thing, 24x48, but it was setup so i could quickly and easily take it apart and put it back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I bought his plans and used his ideas when I was building a miter saw station. It resembles his design but I built it for my space and needs.
I built cabinets on casters so it is moveable if needed and has lots of storage. Also, the holes in the deck provide clamping options when needed. I have been really happy with the results.

Attachments

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
I think they are a great bench if you need to haul it and break it down. If not. Build a regular bench and be done with it.

Al

Nails only hold themselves.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
how does the paulk bench top stay rigid? what structure is there inside it that keeps it from flexing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts