Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for software to mange our woodshop furniture and parts.I would like to be able to account for all parts in a run of furniture and hand out cut lists for each specific part( ex. Tops / corner posts ). Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
software for wood shop

Thank you for the reply.The CAD part would not be necessary.On top of being able to print out lists of total sums of specific parts,having the ability to track inventory,wood and supplies used would be a bonus.I agree that an Excel spreadsheet seems like the way to go.I have basic knowledge of Excel but maybe having a person with more experience with Excel could help manage the project.There does not seem to be a program specifically made for a wood shop and this purpose out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This program will be mostly a supplemental application accessed by other workers mainly for their cut list after all orders have been logged.Quickbooks is already in use in the office so maybe it can be incorporated. After further research Excel seems to be a flexible application for what we are looking for.I am currently talking to a few people who have set up systems for other businesses.
I agree that a specific program for this purpose would be expensive and full of bloatware.
Thanks again for the info and ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woodshop software

The waste saving abilities of cutlist pro look great.We use many sheets of veneered plywood per run and hundreds of poplar drawer parts.We are playing with the free version.Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.