Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all, Im Neil and Im from the uk, thought I would come along and show my current project at my allotment, the pallet seating area, using 100% recycled/reclaimed wooden pallets

This is how it looks at the moment, and has currently cost around £45 to created so far :)

The idea was to create a pallet shed at the allotment (and got on quite well with the project) before i ended up takign on a building, so the shed was no longer required, so the idea was to create the seating area

This is how far along the shed got until the change

Its going very well at the moment, just need spare time to get it finished, but here is the firepit which has been incorporated into pallets

and finally, me making use of it on saturday :)

Used probably around 70-80 pallets so far :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello Sir, I just started aquiring pallets from a local nursery (the plant kind not children) and I was wondering can you give a detailed explanation of your approach to sanding and finishing the wood? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Sir, I just started aquiring pallets from a local nursery (the plant kind not children) and I was wondering can you give a detailed explanation of your approach to sanding and finishing the wood? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hahaha

But that looks awesome. The fire pit is really cool. I have the ability to get my hands on a mass amount of pallets and this looks really cool.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
First off....that's pretty cool. But the fire pit looks like a major fire waiting to happen. All it needs is one ember to pop out and the deck is up in flames and maybe the house attached to it?? I'd at a minimum find some way to fireproof around it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts