Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work is having a contest to see who can make the best.... whatever out of pallets (half pallets actually). i just need to let them know how many i need and they'll supply. Unfortunately I have writers block major. Looking online isn't helping. Any ideas or maybe you've made something.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Have some fun and tell them your going to recreate the great pyramids, in full size and when can the start delivering the 64 million pallets you'll need. Lol.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Are these Pine Pallets or Oak Pallets or do you know what kind of wood they are? I make adirondack chairs and tables from pine pallets and you can make about anything from Oak Pallets. Do they want it to LOOK like it was made from Pallets OR do they want you to process the wood and make it so no one would realize it was made from pallets?

·
SawDust Maker
133 Posts
Mike the world is your oyster when it comes to working with pallets. I started working exclusively with reclaimed wood a few years ago and blog about it but that's another story. If you haven't already, search reclaimed wood pallets on Google images and you'll have a mountain of ideas to look through.

http://reclaimedwoodblog.com/

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Personally, I just think of pallets as 'wood'. Pretty much anything you can make from wood you can make from pallets. Especially if you don't necessarily care whether the end product looks like it was made from a pallet(s).

I'd probably stay away from food related items though. But with proper finish even that may not be a concern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts